Effective date: August 2022
- What information we collect and why we collect it.
- How we use that information.
Information that we collect
We collect information to provide better services to all those with whom we deal. We collect information in the following ways:
- Information you give us. For example, information that you provide to us when contacting us for inquiries about potential Machines or Parts purchases or, employment details if you send us a resumé or other details of your employment history in connection with an advertised job vacancy or a general enquiry regarding employment opportunities with us. When you do, we may ask for personal information like your name, email address, telephone number and other general details.
- Information we collect or receive in the course of our Machine Services, Quarry Services program or our equipment Rentals. We may receive or collect personal or business-related information in the course of our needs analysis activities, such as when researching appropriate products or services to best suit your unique set of circumstances. (This could include, for example, information about how many of certain pieces of equipment you own, how many employees you have and the management of your sales goals…)
- Information we get from your use of our Site. We may collect information about the parts of the Site that you use and how you use it. This information includes:
- Log information
When you use our Site, we may automatically collect and store certain information in server logs. This may include:
- Details of how you used our Site;
- Device event information, such as crashes, system activity, hardware settings, browser type, browser language, the date and time of your request and referral URL.
- Location information
We may collect and process information about your actual location and use various technologies to determine location, including your IP address.
- Local storage
We may collect and store information (including personal information) locally on your device using mechanisms such as browser web storage (including HTML 5) and application data caches.
- Cookies and similar technologies
We may use various technologies to collect and store information when you visit our Site, and this may include using cookies or similar technologies to identify your browser or device. You may set your browser to block all cookies, including cookies associated with this Site or to indicate when a cookie is being set by us.
- Log information
How we use information that we collect
We use personal information to manage and operate our business, including to explore new Sales opportunities, manage our inventory, develop and maintain our contacts and recruit staff. Where necessary, we may also use personal information to protect the interests of ESM USA, our employees and affiliates (for example in the event of a legal claim).
When you contact us, we may use your email address to inform you about our business, such as letting you know about upcoming events, meetings, offers or changes to our business.
We use the information we collect from our Site to provide, maintain, protect and improve it and to protect our users. We may use information collected from cookies and other technologies to improve your user experience and the overall quality of our Site. Though we will most certainly share your information with our marketing partners to use for advertising purposes and social media, we will never sell your personal information to a third party.
Right to delete your personal information
We will comply with any requests to exercise your rights in accordance with applicable law, and so there may be circumstances where we are entitled to refuse your request. For example, where permitted to by law, we may reject requests that are unreasonably repetitive, require disproportionate technical effort (for example, developing a new system or fundamentally changing an existing practice), risk the privacy of others, or would be extremely impractical (for instance, requests concerning information residing on backup systems).
Where we can provide information correction, we will do so free of charge, except where it would require a disproportionate effort (where we are permitted to charge a fee under applicable law). We aim to maintain any information we hold and our Site in a manner that protects information from accidental or malicious destruction.
For external processing
With our legal and professional advisors
We share information with our legal and other professional advisors, for example if they are directing us or when necessary to obtain their professional recommendations.
ESM USA is subject to the investigatory and enforcement powers of the U.S. Federal Trade Commission. ESM USA may be required to share your personal information, including the disclosure of your personal information, to public authorities and law enforcement agencies in response to lawful requests, including requests to meet national security and law enforcement requirements.
We work hard to protect our Site and any information that we hold from unauthorized access or unauthorized alteration, disclosure, or destruction. In particular:
- We review our information collection, storage and processing practices, including physical security measures, to guard against unauthorized access to systems.
- We restrict access to personal information to only authorized employees, contractors, service providers and agents who need to know that information in order to process it for us and who are subject to strict contractual confidentiality obligations. They may be disciplined, or their contract terminated if they fail to meet these obligations.
Right to “Opt Out”
To object and be entirely removed from our system, please contact us at email@example.com. Please keep in mind: 1.) Advertising is set up months in advance, and it may take up to 90 days to stop receiving our email contacts altogether and to process your request. 2.) Visiting our website or contacting us via email after that, will automatically add you back in to our system, and void your previous “Opt Out” request!